Sunday, December 04, 2011

Green Eyed Chocolate Junkie

I like to think of myself as a happy, well rounded, healthy person. Typically I delight in others happiness, and don't usually find myself feeling jealous. Because of this, I was surprised this week after viewing a photo so kindly shared via Skype by my first born, that I was feeling slightly annoyed and even green with envy regarding her most recent outing in Paris to a chocolate shop where she was able to drink hot chocolate (actually more like warm, melted chocolate) while eating the most beautiful, drooling inflicting, chocolate treasures.
Most of my family and friends know my feelings about chocolate as evidenced by the many gifts over the years of chocolate treats, cookbooks, and even attire referencing it (see photo of my feet as I write this!) My life philosophy can be summarized as follows: Daily dilemmas- solved with chocolate. Happy occasions- celebrated with chocolate. Sorrows- drowned in chocolate. Boredom- abated by chocolate. Exercise- rewarded with chocolate! There you have it...I am the definition of a "chocolate junkie". Oh well, I guess there are worse things in life than being a green eyed chocolate junkie. Such is life.
On a brighter note, December has arrived which means Sarah returns this month! Can't wait to give her big hugs. In the meantime, our holiday decorations are currently being rediscovered in various boxes, and being placed around the house. Last week we had a day of winter weather, so I snapped this picture:
Warm wishes to all of you as you make your way through this season shopping, baking, writing cards, visiting with loved ones, and of course.....eating lots of CHOCOLATE!!

No comments: