Sunday, September 04, 2011

September - the best month of the year!

Happy September!
Hope your September has has already given you reasons to smile. I know mine has!
The football season has started off well for the Eagles with two wins. The Boilermakers pulled out a win in the ridiculous heat this past Saturday, but regardless of how they play I do love Ross Ade Stadium, the Purdue Marching Band and seeing the collegiates we know at the game. (We missed seeing Flo this time, but Joey looked great in the band!)

Last week we had a new member added to our extended family....meet Fanny, my 84 yo dad's birthday present (and she actually was born ON his birth date!)
She is as sweet as can be, a great ball chaser, and a loyal follower. They adopted her from the Heart for Dog Rescue, which was a really good experience. I'm really happy for their household and for her.
We also had the pleasure of seeing Big Bad Voodoo Daddy on the lawn at Conner Prairie with a bunch of Zville buddies. The band was very entertaining with many folks swing dancing up front. We saw a spectacular sunset, a blue moon, and a great fireworks show to cap off the evening.
Of course the main reason I LOVE SEPTEMBER is that it"s my birthday month and the birthday month of.....My original friend, Kathy Ann, and many other friends ADAM (who I can't believe is a freshman in college!) Arlene, Amy, Brad, Jordin, Michelle, Vicki, my sister Linda and Brother-In-Law Michael, just to name a few!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Hmmmmm...what will October bring?