Tuesday, March 12, 2013

One Week Later....


With blue skies and mild temps bright little crocuses greeted me today hinting of spring!  Always makes for happy people and animals. 
Gotta love Purdue Pete!
If you have not heard the news (only if you've been living under a rock)...Indiana University Men's Basketball won the Big Ten for the first time in twenty years.  Hmmm - funny to think that my Boilermakers of Purdue have won it seven times in that time, but the local media seems to think that THIS year, it is extra special.  Oh well, I'm happy for my IU buddies, all the same.  While IU was winning the Big Ten, Kevie and I enjoyed the last home game of the year in Mackey Arena.  Senior day is always heart warming, and this year our dear family friend, Andrew, was honored during half-time for his contribution as an amazing Purdue student.  He even gave his mom roses - sweet.  It is great being a Boilermaker!
 Before arriving at Purdue, I had spent the day at the NCAA Div 3 Indoor Track and Field National Championships watching Sarah's Tufts teammates compete.  Our Jumbo Pentathlete pictured here was an All-American for the third time in her career - Congrats Jana!

As I sign off this entry, the weather has changed yet again....to snow.  Those poor little crocuses may have shown their bright colors a little too soon.

No comments: