Sunday, October 09, 2011

Blue Skies Galore!



Glorious autumn days...again and again. I will certainly try to remember these days when the cold gloom of winter seems endless! The blue of the sky this past week was as deep as I've ever seen it here in Indiana - truly amazing. As you can see from the picture below, harvesting has
begun. Each year when I hear the combines in the field next door, my pulse quickens and I find myself out in the yard camera in hand, snapping away. Why I find the whole process so thrilling is somewhat baffling - but needless to say, I have plenty of pictures for the Harvest Album! Also, I never grow bored watching the horses graze contently in the pasture while the cats are hunting their prey, and the dogs are chasing each other around in circles.
Friday night was Eric's Senior night for football. It was great that both sets of his grandparents and
Aunt KJ were on hand to see his game. He has worked very hard for four years, so it was nice that he was honored in front of the home crowd. The eighty degree weather helped make the night enjoyable too.



Saturday was one for the "Perfect Fall Day" record books between the weather, the company I was with (my own two favorite guys in addition to my adorable niece and her dad), and getting to see our beloved Boilermakers crush Minnesota. We even introduced Eric to the Triple X where he downed the Boilermaker Pete Burger. Speaking of Purdue Pete,
The Purdue All American Marching Band paid tribute to American Superheroes, so it was only appropriate that Purdue Pete would show up in a cape wearing his own "SuperPete" costume and ride on top of the World's Largest Bass Drum! We really enjoy watching our family friend, a Jr. at Purdue, who IS Purdue Pete make such great lasting college memories.

Hope you enjoy the rest of your October and stop every so often to enjoy the various colors, sounds, and smells that are all around! (Oh - and Go Boilers!)

No comments: