Thursday, April 08, 2010

Around Town...Spring has sprung!


(A beautiful Magnolia graces Kogan's on Main St. - the redbud and Helen's perennials are lovely too)
The first week of April I always have an extra bounce to my step - it could be that both my children were born during this week, or more likely, the bright colors making an appearance along my otherwise dreary daily route. The smell of fresh blooms, cut grass, and a storm fast approaching, all peak my senses this first week of April. I grabbed my camera today between rainstorms, and snapped a few photos of local bright spots.
(This was a 2" Bradford Pear when we planted it in 1998!)
This year the Magnolias (both trees and shrubs), Forsythias, Redbuds, Dogwoods, Cherry Trees, Bradford Pears, Serviceberries, along with the always pretty...daffodils, tulips, and crocus are gracing us with their presence this week.
I happened to notice this secluded backyard that has THOUSANDS of daffodils - all in bloom. Just breath-taking! Yay SPRING!

No comments: